Romans 12:10

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.~Romans 12:10

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pretty Bushes...

This the final placement of the bushes!!
Rose of Sharon
(across by the fence the two bushes are jasmine bushes planted 1 year ago)

Here is the final picture after all our physical and mental work! Read the story below!
So Greg and I started a project a couple years ago building a 24'x12' shed in the backyard to help accomodate our costs of storage, and planned on just working from home on the eBay business. Well, for us, we have millions of projects that rarely are completed in a timely fashion. (HAHA- ok a little over exaggeration). So, the story goes that Greg rented a tiller to till up the mounds of dirt from the trench he dug 2 years ago. The grass had already grown on these mounds, and the fire ants were beginning to take residence making the mounds even higher!

While Greg was tilling the backyard, I figured he could also till up the area on the side of this said storage building so I could plant some bushes I had awaiting placement.
After Greg tilled up the area, we cleaned out all the grass we could and began to dig a small footings around the area I wanted the bushes. We then placed the brick previously used in our garden that actually sat exactly where we built this building. (The garden will take up new residence on the north side of the house next spring!)
Here are the fruits of our labor!

Once we completed this job, we took a day's break.

The next evening, while it was cooler outside, we worked on placement of the bushes and began digging holes. Of course Brandy had to take a small jumping break :).

This is the first plan... I didn't realize the two flowering bushes would get to be 6-8 foot tall, therefore wouldn't like nice at all with the honeysuckle bushes eventually suffocating them.


Here is what the area was GOING to look like, however, as a female has the right to do, I changed my mind! HAHA.

I did plant the 4 boxwood bushes I had on each end (2 bushes next to eachother). I also left the trelluses with the honeysuckles bushes to grow there.

The other two flowering plants were planted elsewhere in the yard.
You have already seen the final pictures that I posted first :)

Next I would like to put some rose bushes in the yard as well. Another Spring awaits this task!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Nice work!!! :)