So he found one in San Diego. He took a loan to pay for the truck and the trip for us to go. It was a nice little trip, and talk about last minute before the big rush of school starting and job starting. The kids stayed with Mercedes parents and they had such a wonderful time.
Here are some pics of the trip.
We were stopped by border patrol twice. They were very intimidating too! They asked us some pretty in depth questions about why we were traveling the way we were!!
As you can see the border patrol trucks, this is what the view was for a very long time. Over that hill and a few hundred feet is the border of the US and Mexico. You can see all the tire tracks from the trucks driving around on the sand dunes protecting our borders. They also had a very long strip of fence and steel piping so that people cannot drive through to the highway.

This was actually quite the view. I have never seen mountains of just plain rocks and boulders. There was no vegetation no dirt, just mountains of rock.

The bridge was a bit scary for me as I don't like high places. Especially in a vehicle.
The scenery was awesome though!
LOL-- A Herbie with a RR front clip!
At the beach..
Yes, I had to put my toes in the ocean just once. The water was very very cold. I don't understand how people could swim in a cold ocean when the temp was only around 70. See, in Texas, I would have gladly dived in since the temp would have been 100+ degrees! Anyway, the beach was neat, the water was cold, but the walk on the beach to the water was very difficult! I didn't realize how sore I truly was going to be after that walk. I did my physical therapy for that weekend just in the walk alone! HA! 



Greg's friend Jeremy lives in San Diego. He took us to dinner while we were there and afterwards took us to a place where the seals had taken residence on a beach that was intended for children. It was too dark to see them at night, and woah did it smell. The next day before we headed home, Greg took me there to see them again. I also have video, but will upload that later.
Greg and his friend Jeremy.
HA! Back in Texas.
I think this was in Nevada.
The treasure in San Diego.




1 comment:
That view behind you at Cabrillo National Monument (where you are standing on a brick walk) is billed as one of the top 10 vistas in the world! That is probably my favorite spot on earth!
Post a Comment