Romans 12:10

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.~Romans 12:10

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!

Kien got to talk to his Grandma Walsh for Valentines!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my.... I haven't been able to stop crying since hanging up the phone, and now I am crying all over again. Poor little Kien. How is all of this trauma and change going to affect him? He is where he belonged from the beginning now, but what a journey to get there! My heart is broken for all that he has endured. I fear that he will think Grandma is just one more person in his life who abandoned him. Why do I have to live so far away... ?? You have GOT to get hooked up with Skype so that I can video-talk to him often!!!! Hugs and kisses to all the Walsh/Crawfords on this Valentine's Day!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking those videos, Greg! (sob, sob)

Anonymous said...

You do realize that when I was talking about hugging, he was saying, "hug, hug, hug."

Anonymous said...

What a doll!! We sure are glad to have Kien in our family!! Love, Aunt Diane

Esther said...

Grandma Nina has been such a gift to Kien by being the constant thread that assured him he has been safe and loved all through his journey from Viet Nam to Texas. He's home now. The roots will go deep with Daddy, Mommy, siblings, church and school friends. He and Grandma get to love each other for lots of years to come. What a lovely Valentine for both of them!!

Noelle said...

In the first video, Nina sounds SO much like Karin, I actually CRIED. And in the second one, that look Kien gives to the camera right after Nina says "I wish I could hug you" is just heartbreaking!

Anonymous said...

Nina, You are your mother's daughter! And your mother was my grandmother, a woman whose life, passion and influence echo through the corridors of my mind.I still hear her lilting voice singing, "Oooooo I'm a night owl" as she tucked me in at night. And of course who could forget "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy..."?! Books came alive when Grandma read them-my favorite being "Little Bunny Blue." Is it any coincidence that you too would become a librarian like your mother before you?! Most of all my grandmother was a lover of Jesus. He was not just a part of her life... He was her life. Most people keep their religious convictions in the closet like some family secret. Not her. Much to my embarrassment and consternation she would tell anyone about "her Lord" from the cashier at the grocery store to the mailman. God was as real to her as the air she breathed. Karin, your daughter and her cherished granddaughter, so beautifully and powerfully reflected that faith to her final breath. I believe that Grandma and Karin are standing arm in arm in heaven smiling down on you and Greg's family cheering you on as you continue living out the legacy of love they left behind. Kein's little hand cannot hold much, but his little heart can hold all of you! Loving you and praying for you, Kathy