We had gotten to the children's surgery center early early! Kien was pretty awake though. It was a different place and there were a couple other children there.
As soon as we got signed in, it was time to go to our pre-op room. As soon as we got into our little room, Kien became VERY clingy. I wondered if maybe he became a bit concerned because the place was very similar to when I was in the hospital not too long ago. The first day he came to see me after Gabe was born, he would not have anything to do with me. He refused to give me a hug. I did manage to get him to give me a kiss before he left.
Anyway, we changed him and he was in this cute cute kids gown! Never seen anything like it!
Kien wanted me to take him off the bed.
I had a blue shirt on with a visa logo on it that says "I'm in charge." When I asked Kien what color my shirt was he said blue. When I pointed to the red circle he said "Red", and then he pointed to the other circle and said pink! It was really yellow. He looked at me and smiled real big and giggled knowing he was feeling a bit funny. He did however tell the nurse very clearly that he did NOT like what she put in his nose! Then the surgery nurse came in and we put Kien on the kids surgery bed and he had no problems letting me go. They gave him two hats. A kid's yellow construction hat and a cowboy hat to take with him and bring home.
After surgery, he was in recovery for a bit before they let us come back. They wanted us to be there to help wake him up. We were not allowed to bring Gabe back, so Greg and I took turns. I went in and was able to talk to him and he opened his eyes a few times and did respond to wanting a drink. I gave him a few sips of apple juice but he fell right back asleep each time. Greg went back and tried to help as well. He got to offer Kien a popsicle and he woke right up! NO FAIR!! LOL
We were told also to bring something from home that he was attached to. That would be duck. The nurses tried to give a stuffed puppy, but it was not a winner. Also, the nurses LOVED to hear the story of Kien and how he ended up being with us. One nurse even asked me to tell the story again to another nurse who came in later to check his vitals. They all said that Kien was the cutest kid they have ever seen and agreed with me that he looks just like a precious moment!
1 comment:
I am glad things went well. Really well.
Post a Comment