When we got to Branson it was extremely humid. We checked into the hotel and decided to go eat. Right off the bat it was frustrating dealing with the clerk to change our room from upstairs to ground level. Then, the room was gross. I took my shoes off at the door (out of habit from home I presume), and my feet were sticky! The floors felt as if they had been steam cleaned with an over abundance of cleaner maybe? At any rate, we went just down the street to the steak house. It must have been a full moon because the food wasn't good. It was late, so I factored in the idea that we missed the best part of the cook's day!
The next day we decided that we were going to find a different hotel to stay in but first we had to go stop at the Toy Museum. Oh how awesome! Greg and I reminisced about all the toys we remembered growing up that are not common to acquire these days. The kids probably thought we were crazy because we were actually excited. "Oh, I remember that!" "Oh look look! I had that growing up!"
It was probably pretty embarrassing too! (LOL)
Anyway, we took pictures. Maybe you older folks could even remember some before our time! :) :)
Aww LIONS!!! heehee

HA! Kids being silly!
Cabbage Patch Dolls!!!!!! That is SOOOOO 80's!
Brandy and Jeremy had one of these!!
Of course, anything with a car- Greg has to have a picture! So why not one with the whole family :)
Did you notice the hamburgler behind us????
Dolls! (Yes, even my lil baby girl doll!!)
TRUCKS! And other cool stuff too!
When we were exiting the museum, we spoke to the owner of this toy extravaganza to see how long and HOW he could obtain all these different toys from multiple generations. He stated that a lot of people have donated them, and estate sales help as well. He said that occasionally he and his wife will stop at a garage sale, but typically they are not the place to find old toys.
It was amazing going through childhood for a while!
2 comments:
How fun!! Did my mom see this?? Her childhood dollhouse is in one of the pics!!! :) And I bought her that musical sweeper off ebay for Christmas several years ago. ;)
And I had that big strawberry house for Strawberry Shortcake! :)
Why did I not see this before and why did I not even hear about it before?!
That big dollhouse is sitting in my living room. They don't have any of the original furniture. I do. Maybe I should empty my attic into their museum?
Post a Comment