Romans 12:10

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.~Romans 12:10

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Greg's Home Visit

I hate to admit this, but I must rise above "pride" and agree with my true self that I REALLY am deficient in organizing.. And I am at peace with this... Working on it, but at peace.
So because I am the only one out of our oneness ---Greg + Cathi = 1 + 1 = 1 as our pastor would say--- that will blog. So, these are not in an orderly fashion, but it's the best I could do not being present on the trip.

SO- with that said, (lol) - Greg had an opportunity to be with his parents for a weekend at their Canadian residence. I have to say, I have been there, and it's beautiful!! Their home, their country, their culture. Brandy and Jeremy went also years ago, and I know they will appreciate it at a much later time. We were able to see many things, but most memorable was Niagra falls at Christmas. I don't think I have ever seen an abundance of ice! On EVERYTHING!! :)

Ok, off track but not off topic-- uh, too much that is...

Airplane photos!



Very impressive! A tram that runs on the inside? I would like to be educated on how this works!

Ok, STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greg took a photo of his mother's scrapbooking room. Now, this is a room that one should take a moment of silence and just drool. Every woman needs one of these... Right hunnie?! ;)
Ok, onward and forward.
Talk about blast from the past!! I SO remember these as a kiddo! And I have only seen a couple of these items that are still available to purchase at Target or Wal-Mart.
Gabe received one of these for his birthday in August this year. Here we are 4 months later and he is FINALLY playing with it! (haha)
Little People!!!!!








Greg took some photos of his parent's photos while he was there. These are some youth photo's and great proofs that as much as Greg and Karin didn't get along as teenagers, there is proof they did love each other!! :) :)



Yeeeeeeehawwwww! Greg did own a cowboy hat! heehee

Walt Disney world!! Greg and his cars!

Oh, I have such a heart for roller skating! Must be because I was on roller skates from the time I was walking until my car accident! I love the 80's!



The CN Tower is beautiful! While we didn't take the time to go inside and tour the tower when we were there a couple years ago, Greg went in with his parents. His father, Grant, sits on the board of directors, which makes for a great VIP tour! The next set of photo's show the views from this floor. Gorgeous!

Grant and Nina.
Searching the menu.
Yummy food!



Greg was excited to share with us that they actually put shavings of "Gold" on desert! He saved a few shavings in a zip lock bag and brought it home. Eating Gold?!?! WOW!
Don't look down!



This is the view the children and I saw when we were there.
Wow! That is a LOOOOOOOOOOONG way down! No thanks! I will enjoy the photos, not the height experience!!









Greg's parents put together a gathering to welcome their son home for a visit. First I'd like to share that September in Texas is still darn HOT outside. Mid 90's typically. In Burlington, Ontario it was a little cooler.
REAL MAPLE SYRUP!! Oh, the joys my taste buds admire when Nina visits and brings a wonderful bottle of this magic syrup! She brought us the large bottle on the bottom right. Thank you, again!
Family BBQ in Greg's honor. Aunts, Uncles, Cousins... this was a great trip for him, a very NEEDED trip for him, and his parents. As I know first hand, being far from family is very difficult at times. It was nice for him to catch up with family he hasn't seen in years, even decades!


Cousins!! Angela was actually waving hello to ME as Greg took the photo to send to me! :)
We would like for his Father to come and cook us a steak too! Didn't know Grant was an awesome chef!


Greg was missed at home, and he is greatly missed in Canada also. I'm so glad he took the opportunity to go!

1 comment:

Nina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.